On May 25, 2023, FAN hosted a webinar, “Peacebuilding, Nonviolent Resistance, and Unarmed Civilian Protection in Ukraine,” seeking to understand and imagine how such practices can be advanced to end the war and build a just peace in Ukraine. Moderated by FAN Just Peace Fellow, Eli McCarthy, our panel of speakers taught us about different nonviolent ways people are responding to the trauma and violence of war.
We invite you to watch the recording of the event below or on our YouTube channel.
Additional resources that were mentioned during the event are listed here:
- Franciscan Social Theatre Training: Responding to Ukrainian War Trauma video
- Ukraine nonviolent civil resistance report (Oct. 2022)
- Ukraine | Nonviolent Peaceforce
- Support Nonviolent Activists in Ukraine/Russia
- Just Peace Framework
- Civilian Protection Needs & Responses in Ukraine – Key conclusions from the assessment conducted by NP and makes recommendations on emergency and future protection programming in Ukraine. LINK: Civilian Protection Needs in De-Occupied Frontline Territories (February 2023)