As we enter Holy Week, we recognize that this year will look and feel so very different from the typical celebrations we are accustomed to. While this can be sad, we hope that this humble offering of several opportunities for participation in virtual stations of the cross will bring some comfort to those struggling in our new normal.
- The Good Friday Way of the Cross for Economic and Ecological Justice will be on Friday, April 10th at 12pm ET / 9am PT. Click here to register to join us. Several FAN staff will be reading, including Sr. Marie Lucey and Sr. Maria Orlandini.
- The International Union of Superiors General will host the Station of Cross in the Spirit of Laudato Si: The Care of Our Common Home on Friday, April 4, 2020 at 9am ET (3pm Rome). Find the text and link to participate here.
- During these times which are particularly dark for asylum seekers stranded at the border, the Kino Border Initiative launched a moving interpretation of Stations of the Cross called The Way of Asylum.
- The mid-atlantic Coalition Against Modern Slavery put together this Way of the Cross which reflects on the suffering of Jesus and St. Josephine Bakhita and all who suffer slavery as victims of human trafficking.
- The 40th Annual Good Friday Pilgrimage for Peace with the theme, “The Way of the Cross; The Way of the Migrant,” is sponsored by the Benedictine Sisters of Erie, PA. This will be available on Good Friday, April 10th at this link.
We continue to pray for all of you, our members, friends, and partners during this difficult time.