Associate for Campaigns
The Franciscan Action Network (FAN) seeks a dynamic associate for advocacy campaigns and Franciscan Justice Circles. This is an entry level full-time staff position, located in NE Washington DC, and is open immediately. FAN is a 501(c)3 organization and is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community among staff, board, and our broader network.
The associate for campaigns will work with the executive director, the director of Franciscan Justice Circles, and other staff to expand, support, and mobilize FAN’s network of Franciscan-hearted advocates. Specific duties will include policy advocacy as well as development of Franciscan Justice Circles on college campuses. This is an entry level position that offers an outstanding opportunity to learn about and be mentored within the field of faith-based advocacy. This position reports to the executive director.
- Organize and carry out advocacy in Washington DC on a variety of public policy issues with an emphasis on racial justice and economic justice. Advocacy methods include meeting with elected or appointed U.S. officials and organizing as well as participating in letter campaigns, social media campaigns, and public rallies.
- Facilitate advocacy by members of FAN’s nationwide network by educating and mobilizing them at the national, state, and local levels.
- Develop close working relationships with DC-based faith-inspired and other organizations to coordinate advocacy efforts
Franciscan Justice Circles
- Work closely with Franciscan Justice Circles director to help nurture Circles (local affinity groups), for example by meeting with interested parties virtually or in person
- Reach out to specific groups, including faculty or staff at Franciscan colleges and universities, to found Circles
- Develop written and multimedia materials on Franciscan spirituality and justice issues for use in Circles
- Complete other tasks as a member of the team, including supporting outreach and development efforts of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on collaboration
- Demonstrated commitment to issues related to justice, peace, integrity of creation, and human dignity
- Flexibility and strong multitasking abilities
- Willingness to learn about Franciscan spirituality
- Ability to work and participate in frequent advocacy activities in Washington DC (some remote work is permitted)
- 1-3 years of work experience, during or after education
- Knowledge of Christian and Catholic spirituality as well as Catholic social teachings
- Knowledge of U.S. government policy and legislative processes
- Experience in campus ministry and/or peer organizing
- Social media skills
FAN will accept rolling applications until the position is filled.
Applicants should send a cover letter and résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.